- About the Programme
- Study materials
- 1. EUROPEAN INTEGRATION
- 2. INSTITUTIONS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION AND EUROPEAN UNION IN FACTS AND FIGURES
- 3. EUROPEAN UNION AGRIBUSINESS
- 4. EUROPEAN UNION REGIONAL POLICY
- 5. REGIONAL COMPETITIVENESS: EUROPEAN APPROACH
- 6. ENGAGEMENT IN LOCAL DEVELOPMENT: THE ROLE OF ADVISORY COUNCILS IN GOVERNMENTAL AND NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATIONS
- 7. CITIZENSHIP, PARTICIPATION AND EUROPEAN YOUTH
- 8. EUROPEAN UNION IN INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- 9. DEVELOPMENT IN MULTICULTURAL ENVIRONMENT
- 10. DOING BUSINESS IN ANOTHER CULTURE. WHAT IS DIFFERENT?
- 11. TURKEY AND EU: WHERE IS THE END OF EUROPE BORDER?
- Practical Information
- Contact us
How to get to Nitra by bus
Nitra is accessible from the nearest international airports in Vienna (A), Budapest (HU), Prague (CZ) and Bratislava (SK).
From Vienna (Austria) - to Bratislava (40 km) – from Bratislava to Nitra (100 km)
Arriving by air at Vienna International Airport (also known as Schwechat): Just in front of the Arrivals door at the Vienna airport is the departure point for Eurolines buses to Bratislava's "Mlynske Nivy" bus station. (Look for Vienna - Bratislava stop). Purchase your ticket from the driver. Cost is approx. 9,-EUR plus 0.70 EUR per piece for baggage.
From Bratislava to Nitra
From Bratislava's main bus station "Mlynske Nivy" take a bus to Nitra bus station (cca 80 min.). There are many departures during the working days, little bit less during the weekends. For more information on timetables check www.cp.sk or www.slovaklines.sk. Purchase your ticket from the bus driver.
From Budapest, Hungary - to Nove Zamky (120 km) - to Nitra (35 km)
From the Budapest airport go to West (Nyugati) railway station or East (Keleti) railway station. Take the train to Nove Zamky in Slovakia. In Nove Zamky, change to the local train to Nitra. (Cost about 3 000,-HUF). In Nitra the railway station is close to the bus station. See section, "Upon arrival at Nitra bus station" for information how to get to the university.
From Prague (Czech Republic) - to Bratislava, Slovakia (320 km) - to Nitra (100 km)
From Prague's main bus station, "Florenc", there is a direct bus that leaves every night at 22,30 (10:30 p.m.) to Nitra, arriving at 5:30 a.m. The cost is about 400,-CZK. During the day, you will have to take a bus from Prague to Bratislava, then change to the bus to Nitra. See sections, "From Bratislava to Nitra" and "Upon arrival at Nitra bus station."